Russell Westbrook's New Air Jordan Sneakers Are Peak Russell Westbrook.
An exclusive look at the Jordan .2 “Why Not?” sneakers.
There’s a good reason Russell Westbrook is the most daring fashion icon in the NBA right now. The always-entertaining Westbrook throws conventions of pattern and fit out of the arena each and every night. He’s a follower of menswear trends, blazes his own sartorial path at press conferences, and isn’t one to shy away from the occasional troll (like when he wore a photographer’s vest the night of his first game against former teammate Kevin Durant). And like most NBA stars, Westbrook loves himself a cool pair of sneakers—especially his own.
Westbrook is sponsored by Jordan Brand and throughout the years Thunder point guard has put his spinon unique styles like the Westbrook 0 and .2, lifestyle sneakers that draw inspiration from Russ’s own assortment of high-fashion kicks. But the shoes he just wore in the tunnel ahead of tonight’s game versus the Golden State Warriors (whom are sadly without Kevin Durant tonight), dubbed the PE (player exclusive) Westbrook .2 “Why Not?”, have taken his sneaker game to a whole new level. Unfortunately, they’re kicks that won’t be seen on anyone else’s feet (at least for now) other than the man who created them.
The black leather versions of the Westbrook .2 high-top style were updated with some not-so-subtle ransom note lettering that read “Why Not Russell?” Well, NBA analysts might say because he’s basically carrying the Oklahoma City Thunder on his back this season now that he doesn’t have Kevin Durant on his team. But they’re actually the perfect fit for a guy who has battled adversity his whole career and still is not only on pace to finish the season with the second most triple doubles in NBA history, but makes fast break between the legs passes look easy. (And by “between the legs” we mean the defender’s legs.)
At the end of the day, we’re not sure anyone else could pull these off. We’re surprised Russ paired his with a relatively subdued all-white outfit—because when you’re Russell Westbrook, subdued isn’t usually part of the game plan.
Behind-the-Scenes of Russell Westbrook’s GQ Cover Shoot
MORE STORIES LIKE THIS ONE
More articles from this site:
- December 27, 2016 SoulCycle Rider Sues Over Intense Rookie Workout EXCLUSIVE SoulCycle is being sued by a woman who says she was […]
- August 10, 2016 Beyoncé Goes Jet-Skiing in a Floor-Length Jumpsuit, Plus All the Details on Her ''Romantic'' Italian Getaway With Jay Z Beyoncé Goes Jet-Skiing in a Floor-Length Jumpsuit, Plus […]
- November 30, 2016 Smith greets foe, allows dunk as Cavs get rolled 1:56 AM ET MILWAUKEE - Following a blowout loss to the Milwaukee […]
- February 22, 2017 The Discovery: Trailer Trailer for The Discovery.A love story set one year after the […]
- September 1, 2016 2016 Corvette Z06 vs Camaro ZL1 – All American Showdown! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9EXDDhCjI0 [embedded content]
- December 14, 2016 The Best Holiday Gift Is a Bag to Carry All of Your Other Holiday Gifts 3.1 Phillip Lim $995, available at eastdane.com Saturdays x […]